- Malamutes are quite a bit larger than huskies with some males weighing in at 90 pounds (41 kg).
- Have a wider head and ears are set further apart.
- Malamutes have brown eyes.
- Tend to carry their tails over their backs.
- Malamutes are noted for digging out of yards to escape the boredom of confinement.
- The average lifespan is 12 years.
- Huskies are considered medium sized dogs, with males weighing around 60 pounds (27 kg).
- The shape of a huskies head is narrower and the ears are set closer together.
- Huskies can have brown eyes, blue eyes, or one eye of each color.
- Tend to have a more relaxed way of carrying their tail, although they sometimes carry it high they will often hang their tail down.
- Huskies are noted for jumping fences and will often climb a fence to get out of a yard.
- The average lifespan of a husky is 14 years.
Huskies and malamute have strong prey drives and have been known to kill cats, chickens, rabbits, and so forth. If you have other pets and are thinking of getting a Husky or Malamute, make sure to get one from a breeder that has other pets and has socialized the puppy well.
Both are noted for being escape artists who then run, and run, and run. They are more independent than most dog breeds.
The largest selection of nutrient rich foods are available at PetFoodDirect.com! Up To 25% OFF